This week I was blessed to travel to a particular Company’s Convention in Dallas, Texas for my first time. Over the course of 3 days I saw hundreds of individuals and couples parade across a stage sharing from the core of their hearts those things that were key to accomplishing their dreams!!
Following are a few clear themes that stood out:
- Connection with Our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ opened doors, inspired them, provided resources, endowed them with strength and comfort to see inevitable set backs as set ups for a come back. We serve a God who makes the impossible possible. God will open a door but he won’t run around behind you and kick your butte through it. We have to WORK!
- Inspiration came from a well defined why or purpose that was bigger than money. Passion oozed out of them.
- Personal growth is mandatory. The decision to change may take a while but when it is made… change is immediate and ongoing. Motivation is like taking a bath…it doesn’t last. It is a daily commitment! You don’t get what you want…you get what you visualize in your mind!
- Relationships are everything and the biggest reward in life is the difference you make in peoples lives. Focusing on serving others and helping them succeed is what brings peace, satisfaction and happiness!
- When it comes to money it is better to have it then not have it. More money is better than less and it is better to have money sooner than later.
One other thing I observed that was fascinating… they came in every, size, shape, skin color, work background, age, look, geographic area, educational demographic and social background, one could list or imagine, which eliminated any and every excuse!!
Now compare my experience with these quotes from MasterKeys Lesson 23:
“you will find that money weaves itself into the entire fabric of our very existence; that the law of success is service; that we get what we give, and for this reason we should consider it a great privilege to be able to give.
We make money by making friends, and we enlarge our circle of friends by making money for them, by helping them, by being of service to them. The first law of success then is service, and this in turn is built on integrity and justice.
The forces of life are volatile; they are composed of our thoughts and ideals and these in turn are molded into form; our problem is to keep an open mind, to constantly reach out for the new, to recognize opportunity, to be interested in the race rather than the goal, for the pleasure is in the pursuit rather than the possession.
You can make a money magnet of yourself, but to do so you must first consider how you can make money for other people. If you have the necessary insight to perceive and utilize opportunities and favorable conditions and recognize values, you can put yourself in position to take advantage of them, but your greatest success will come as you are enabled to assist others. What benefits one must benefit all.
A generous thought is filled with strength and vitality, a selfish thought contains the germs of dissolution;
If we recognize the Omnipotent power that is the source of all supply we will adjust our consciousness to this supply in such a way that it will constantly attract all that is necessary to itself and we shall find that the more we give the more we get. Giving in this sense implies service.”
These principles are UNIVERSAL AND TRUE… Why not for me!? Why not for you!? Why not now!?